Meet the ASCO
The Adirondack Sky Center & Observatory is a charitable organization recognized under the laws of the IRS 501(c)(3) Not For Profit, and is also incorporated in the state of New York.
Our Vision and Mission Statements:
The Vision of the Adirondack Sky Center & Observatory is to inspire curiosity and provide perspective on our Universe through wonder and enlightenment.
The Adirondack Sky Center & Observatory mission is to:
- Provide Immersive Educational experiences;
- Create exciting Adventures in astronomy;.
- Strive to cultivate new perspectives;
- Discover means to understand, participate in, and belong to our Universe.
We will accomplish our goals through the following actions:
Enhance public awareness and advance the science of Astronomy.
- Integrate with area schools, colleges and universities.
- Encourage and support amateur astronomers of all generations young and old.
- Provide families, civic and community groups the opportunity to view the night sky with various telescopes.
- Add to the enjoyment and quality of life in the Adirondack Mountains.
- Contribute to scientific discovery.
- Collect historic astronomical related items.
- Invite the public to hear lectures and view seminars from experts in the field of Astronomy.
- email: email@example.com
- Phone: (518) 359-3538
- Mailing Address:
- P.O. Box 1332
- Tupper Lake, NY 12986