The Roll Off Roof Observatory (RORO)
The Adirondack Sky Center & Observatory is excited to announce that we are welcoming visitors back to the Roll Off Roof Observatory for public observing events. Check Facebook for observing events, our Observing Conditions page for the current weather, and visit our Events page for talks and other events!
- Summer Schedule: Memorial Day (last Monday in May) to Labor Day (first Monday of September) stargazing takes place every Friday, weather permitting. Stargazing begins about ½ hour after sunset. There is no charge!
- Winter Schedule: Labor Day (first Monday of September) to Memorial Day (last Monday in May), stargazing takes place on the 1st and 3rd Friday evening of each month, weather permitting. Stargazing begins about ½ hour after sunset. There is no charge!
- Book a Private Session: Private viewing sessions can be arranged for $150 for up to 20 people. Call our office at (518) 359-3538 (Monday through Friday, 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.) for details.
178 Big Wolf Road, Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Directions to the Observatory from Main Street (Rt. 3):
- Turn onto Washington Street and drive 0.6 miles.
- Turn left onto Coney Beach Avenue, which turns into Little Wolf Road.
- After about 0.3 miles, continue straight up the hill onto Big Wolf Road.
- The observatory entrance will be on your left.